Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Advantage Shelby County Scholarship Program Coordinator reports to the Advantage Shelby County Assistant Director. The Coordinator will help manage the Advantage Shelby County Scholarship in accordance with college guidelines, policies and grant agreements with Shelby County. The Coordinator will abide by all facets of the program and assist in monitoring and evaluating the program, including participating students, and community service partners. The Coordinator will be proficient with Ivy Tech College processes related to Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Assessment, Business Support, and work effectively with Student Affairs Specialists to resolve escalated issues.
Advantage Shelby County Scholarship Program Coordinator/Student Services Professional
182 Campus President Office
- Participate in all meetings including; student orientations, counselor meetings, mentorship training, and other events as determined the Advantage Shelby Coordinator.
- Collaborate with K-12 partners in each Shelby County school, community services agencies and mentors to adhere to the timeline and requirements outlined in the Advantage Shelby County application.
- Assist with the recruitment of new students into the program, as well as supporing existing students.
- Coordinate with and advise program participants about ancillary services, which include but are not limited to, Advantage Shelby County Scholarship requirements, financial assistance, career counseling, and academic advising.
- Work carefully with identified community service agencies to coordinate volunteer opportunities for program participants.
- Monitor and report on students’ ten (10) hours of community service.
- Utilize report and tracking data to develop and implement proactive activities to support program goals (i.e., student participation numbers, eligibility information, student progress by program)
- Prepare timely reports to internal and external stakeholders during application process.
- Monitor and report standards of academic progress for each student in the program utilizing the college’s student records system.
- Assist with managing and tracking mentor/student activities.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Continue to improve the Advantage scholarship program by identifying best practices, creating efficiencies in the process and gathering feedback from stakeholders.
- Registrar Related Responsibilities:
- Counsel and assist students with online registration process
- Process registration forms completed by Advisors
- Assist students with course drops and withdrawals, and provide information regarding choices and potential financial consequences
- Answer questions and assist students with DARS/u.achieve
- Financial Aid Related Responsibilities:
- Answer questions and assist with inquiries and completion of items related to the application for financial aid (FAFSA), verification, loan program eligibility and requirements, standards of progress, state and federal awards, scholarships, work-study opportunities, veteran benefits, Pell lifetime eligibility, and questions regarding the financial implications of repeating coursework
- Engage in behaviors that demonstrate a commitment to diversity and create an inclusive environment where all people are valued and supported
- Employ critical thinking to achieve efficient, professional solutions to problems, questions, or issues for various internal and external customers.
- Execute and complete projects independently and add ideas to enrich and enhance results.
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience in a related field such human resources or student affairs.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students and external stakeholders.
- The position requires initiative and the ability to make decisions, as well as case management knowledge.
- Successful applicants must possess strong communication skills both individually and in groups.
- Successful applicant must possess strong reporting, writing, and editing skills as well as be experienced in the use of computers, handling multiple priorities and solving problems.
Click here for more information and to apply
- Shelby county resident
- Strong technical skills including; knowledge of marketing using social media platforms, Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), Excel & Word.
- Fluent in Spanish