MBCI-NCI Building Systems - Shipping Team Leader
Standard Position Description Job Title: Shipping Team Leader
Reports to: Operations Planner Salary Exempt: No
Approved By: Plant Manager, IND facility Date Approved: 1/1/19
This is a CONTROLLED Document. The official version of this document is contained on the network server. Any documents appearing in printed form are considered uncontrolled copies. All uncontrolled copies should be compared to the version located on the server, prior to use.
The Shipping Team Leader recommends and maintains approved truck loading schedules and coordinates with Production Planning to ensure all material is available for loading on time in full.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety, quality and production, plan schedule and assign workload. Coordinate job schedule with Operations Planner to be in line with customer needs.
- Responsible for the selection, development, training, cross training and supervising of all hourly personnel reporting to position.
- Monitor load schedules and traffic coordination to ensure efficiencies in these areas.
- Maintain OTIF score and recommend corrective actions based on data.
- Communicate with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments to meet a common goal.
- Rearrange manpower to meet production goals, as necessary. Recommend overtime, request additional employees or reduce work force, as necessary.
- Communicate company policies and programs to employees and maintain disciplinary and safety records. Investigate accidents and take necessary action.
- Provide direct support and oversight to company drivers.
- Create and maintain records, reports and files, including attendance, employee evaluations, vacations and other associated with the position.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to meet performance standards while maintaining satisfactory
- Unique special projects or additional duties as designated by Plant Manager.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
A minimum of 3 years working experience in metal building industry and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably as a team leader in the manufacturing industry.
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and statistics. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required to be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with ERP Software a plus
Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
Ability to work with a diversified work force
Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/or criminal background check.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas, (hard hat, gloves, welding jacket or weld bibs, safety glasses, welding hood and earplugs.)
Before initiating work at NCI Buildings Group, the employee is required to read and understand the position’s Job Safety Analysis. The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with NCI Buildings Group safety training, NCI Employee Manual and OSHA regulations.
Note: The statements included in this job description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.