Member Service Representative I
MSR I: Job Summary
The Member Service Representative I will complete deposits, withdrawals, and other financial interactions while providing excellent customer service to all customers. This position will also addressing inquiries and resolving complaintsSupervisory Responsibilities:
- Cashes checks and disburses funds after verifying signatures and sufficiency of funds to support withdrawals. Evaluates checks to verify endorsements, dates, identification of persons receiving payments, financial institution names, and overall legality of the documents.
- Accepts deposits, confirming accuracy of transaction.
- Prepares, verifies, and issues cashiers' checks, money orders, and cash advances
- Enters transactions in credit union's recordkeeping system, recording all transactions and producing customer receipts. Calculates daily transactions using appropriate technology.
- Accepts and counts inventories of cash, drafts, and other monetary instruments as applicable each day.
- Balances all monies in cash drawers at the end of shifts. Maintains a balancing record that is in line with policy; finds and corrects outages and enlists help as needed for difficult errors.
- Maintains a work area that ensures the safety of all negotiables and confidential records.
- Interacts with members via telephone, email, online chat, or in person to provide support and information on products or services.
- Fields member questions and complaints; when the issue is beyond the representative's knowledge, solicits help from SMSR, manager, or other appropriate staff.
- Ensures that appropriate actions are taken to resolve members problems and concerns.
- Attracts new member relationships; retains and expands existing member relationships; initiates sales and cross-sells credit union products and services to members.
- Identifies direct referral opportunities for individual goal achievement, passing referrals to Lending. Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to promote new banking services.
- Follows GenFed processes to introduce products and services to members.
- Consistently meets or exceeds growth goals set by management.
- Orders debit cards/checks.
- Answers debit fraud questions/completes dispute forms.
- Performs stop payments
- Performs onboarding calls
- Keeps up to date with all communication channels .
- Ensures member and branch information is kept confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Trustworthiness and the ability to act with integrity.
- Thorough understanding of customer service. Excellent verbal communication skills including active listening.
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer grievances.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience working directly with the public and/or in customer service is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- May need to stand for long periods of time.
- May have prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.