Project Manager/Estimator of Construction & INDOT Services
Come grow with us! We are adding experienced Construction Managers/Estimators to our growing team. Since 1997, HIS Constructors, Inc. has grown to become one of Central Indiana’s leading construction companies providing environmental remediation and civil construction services throughout the US. Our project portfolio includes ELI Lilly, Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Justice Center, and Indianapolis Airport Authority. We have been recognized in the 600 Top Specialty Contractors as published in ENR/Engineering News-Record multiple years, as well as recipients of multiple safety awards.
To provide management oversight for all phases of Site Development and INDOT projects, including coordinating employees, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget. Prepare bids and quotations utilizing Heavy Bid and submit quotes to the appropriate contractors. Follow up with successful bidders to secure the work.
Project Management/Estimator Duties:
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Monitor the advertised INDOT letting each month for projects containing work items that we should quote such as; Water Management of Latex Overlays, Clearing, Small Structure Water-proofing, Other.
- Prepare bids and quotations utilizing Heavy Bid and submit quotes to the appropriate contractors. Follow up with successful bidders to secure the work
- Attain a thorough knowledge of the INDOT specifications regarding the services performed.
- Assist in preparing the annual operating budget for the division.
- Coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises superintendents, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owner, architects and portfolio managers about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated. Plans, implements, tracks and closeout / turnover of construction projects. Conducts project meetings.
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role
- Manages day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability and project costs
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects
- Generates and issues regular internal and external project reporting through company software (Viewpoint, Heavy job and Heavy Bid)
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken
- Projects changes in scope and revenue
- Administers Submittal Review process between Subcontractors/Suppliers and design team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Viewpoint and Heavy-bid/Job a plus
- Dispute Resolution
- Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency