Northwestern Consolidated School District is accepting applications for the position of District Treasurer. This is a 12-month position. Position will be open until filled.
The successful candidate will: - Be proficient in Word and Excel
- Possess effective organizational skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preferably have prior experience with Komputrol
- Preferably have a background in Accounting
Duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Maintain proper accounting procedures and records of all transactions in compliance with State Board of Accounts.
2. Make payment of expenditures following Board approval when adequate appropriations are
available and proper funds are in the bank.
3. Supply periodic reports to Superintendent as requested including monthly revenue,
appropriations and fund report.
4. Submit and publish all financial reports as required by laws of Indiana and Department of
5. Manage purchasing department. Serve as administration office point of contact for vendors.
6. Assist the Superintendent in preparation of budget.
7. Monitor and maintain current Cash Balance, Cash Flow and Six-Year Expenditure Report by month.
8. Prepare Cash Flow, Revenue, Expenditure and Cash Balance estimates.
9. Prepare and present quarterly financial reports to the Board of Education in collaboration with the Superintendent.
10. Collaborate with building ECA Treasurers to assure compliance with State Board of Accounts rules and regulations and serve as a resource for them.
12. Monitor construction accounts and grants.
13. Manage investments.
14. Supervise payroll, withholding claims, fringe benefits and insurance.
15. Be responsible for State Board of Accounts audits and cooperate with auditors during audits by providing needed documents and answering questions.
16. Prepare grant reports and cash requests.
Interested candidates should submit a completed application (which can be found at www.nwshelbyschools.org), letter of interest, resume and 3 letters of reference to:
Mr. Chris Hoke, Superintendent
4920 W. 600 North, Fairland, IN 46126
Phone: (317) 835-7461 Fax: (317) 835-4441