Special Education Resource Teacher
Triton Central Elementary School is seeking a Resource Teacher for the 2019-20 school year. The ideal candidate will have Mild Intervention Licensure or the equivalent with good communication skills and experience working with general education teachers and instructional assistants. One to two years of teaching experience is preferred, but it is not required.
Some duties will include:
- Communicating and collaborating with classroom teachers to ensure student success through appropriate accommodations and modifications
- Developing Individualized Education Plans
- Taking, maintaining and referring to data to inform decisions
- Providing regular feedback to parents to engage them in the educational process
- Establishing and communicating clear and measurable objectives to students
- Attending professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training
- Establishing excellent classroom management strategies
- Working with classroom teachers and District’s Behaviorist to ensure Behavior Intervention Plans are implemented appropriately and updated if needed
- Maintaining accurate, complete, and correct student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations
Interested candidates should contact Terri Branson, Director of Special Education at 317-435-7067, or firstname.lastname@example.org.