Full-Time Employment Coach-Shares, Inc.
Position SummaryThe full-time Employment Coach will work in Shelby and Rush counties, assisting adults with disabilities in various functions as they pertain to acquiring employment in the community. The Employment Coach will assume complete case management of their assigned follow along cases transferred into Extended Services. The Employment Coach will meet monthly revenue quotas and maintain safety and quality policies. Their role requires them to relate well to other Shares staff, outside support staff, Vocational Rehabilitation staff, participant’s families, and community businesses and organizations.
Education and Experience Requirements
The Employment Coach will meet the following minimum education and experience qualifications:
- Associates’ Degree in Rehabilitation, Psychology, Sociology, or other related behavioral science or work related experience.
- Experience in multiple fields preferred.
- Good leadership qualities
- Excellent time management
- Ability to analyze work requirements
- Strong basic computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels within any business organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide community on-site training and follow along support to participants placed through the Employment Services program and transferred in to Extended Services. Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Conduct individual assessments to determine the supports necessary for continued community employment. Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Analyze work stations, develop and implement step-by-step training processes.
- Actively solicit participant input into the development of the follow along plan. Develop and implement plan goals and strategies.
- Maintain and promote goals, objectives and strategies as outlined in the participant’s plan.
- Provide professional guidance to participants, parents/advocates/staff through presentations concerning the individual’s plan’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with community worksite personnel and provide guidance, information and support as employers develop their skills to work with persons with disabilities.
- Develop skills and utilize applicable computer programs as requested by the Employment Services Director.
- Implement policies and procedures specific to the Shares, Inc. Employment Services Curriculum. Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Practice and promote all policies and procedures as outlined in the Shares, Inc. Safety Manual, Shares, Inc. Policy Manual and Shares, Inc. Employee Handbook while maintaining and displaying a professional attitude and standard.
- Participate in in-service activities as requested or approved by supervisor.
- Provide input into overall agency program planning by annually establishing goals, objectives, and budget considerations for the Employment Services program.
- Participate in local, state, and national organizations determined applicable by staff and supervisor.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Employment Services Director.
Work requires substantial judgment in applying well-established procedures and methods, understanding and applying Best Practices, and constant flexibility to meet the specific needs of the individuals we serve and the employers in the community we work with.
Environment and Conditions
Most of their time will be spent interacting with the participants supporting them at their workplace, continued monitoring of their established work goals, and developing new ones. Constant travel is required including having a reliable vehicle, and flexibility to work days, nights, and weekends within Shelby, Hancock, Rush and surrounding counties.
Work will be performed in a variety of work environments in which our clients are working and must be able to maneuver through those facilities and stand for long periods of time as needed. Office equipment used includes: computer, printer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.