Click here to apply
Toray seeks team members who are hardworking, and passionate about their work and energetic problem-solvers who have a “can-do” attitude. Team members who think creatively and want to implement new ideas thrive here. We value people who wish to pursue a rewarding career in which they develop new skills and progress through the organization. Many Toray employees have been with the company for more than a decade. Covid Vaccination preferred but not required.
Education & Experience required:
- BS degree is required, BS in Chemistry, Plastics Engineering or Polymer Science is highly preferred.
- 5-7 years of industry “hands-on” experience in color masterbatch and/or engineering polymer compounding, knowledge of color formulation development for engineering plastics.
- In depth Knowledge of twin-screw extrusion process with loss in weight feeding system.
- Minimum 2-3 years of supervisory experience managing diversified work force.
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects/tasks at the same time and must have hands-on experience and execute project independently without the need of direct supervision.
- Professional certification(s) in relevant fields preferable.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise to our engineering thermoplastic compounds (ETP) used in a broad and diverse applications and market spaces.
- Work on new formulation and process development for new products and work on process improvements for existing products.
- Works in cooperation with the plant operations, scheduling, maintenance, QC and engineering support team.
- Initiates and supports the development of new products and/or applications.
- Develops and/or optimizes new ETP and color masterbatch products and formulations.
- Supports Continuous improvement of existing compounded products in terms of product performance, line output, uptime, scrap reduction, product life, process centering.
- Supports the selection and qualification of new raw materials and raw material suppliers
- Develop and maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of ETP compounding technology (materials, products and manufacturing processes).
- Supports operations on all aspects of ETP product manufacturing as required.
- Experienced in color formulation development and color matching.
- Participate in hiring and retention process for production employees.
- Work with new hires closely for on the job (OJT) training.
- Evaluate new employees’ performance with supervisors for all 3 shifts and plan / execute cross training program.
- Support installation and commissioning of new machine and equipment’s and developing working procedures for new processes and making sure training is done effectively working closely cross functional team.
- Perform data analysis to reduce process variability.
- Working knowledge of MES implementation and execution.
- Working knowledge of PLC, Historian, Statistical Process Control is highly desirable.
- Work on process improvements with internal cross functional teams as well as with outside vendors and Toray business units.
- Work on finding cleaning bottlenecks and work on reducing clean times working with production area lead and operators while keeping safety and quality high priority.
- Work on customer complaints (Internal and external) and follow up trainings and updating procedures based on those learnings.
Solid communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of organization and work hours flexibility are critical for someone to be successful in this role to support all shifts of operations. Note though relocation may be considered Sponsorship is not currently available for this posting.
Toray is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Toray is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Toray is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on any protected status, workplace harassment/bullying and retaliation for filing a complaint or providing information related to a complaint. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and medical related conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.