POSITION: Program Facilitator
EMPLOYED BY: CEO & Director of Operations
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
PAY/STATUS: Hourly, (17 - 18 Hours Weekly), Non-Exempt
PURPOSE TO JOB: Under direction of the Director of Operations, facilitate programs and activities in accordance with Girls Inc. philosophy across diverse cultural, social and educational program areas. Programming should be engaging, high energy and demonstrate depth in content area while encouraging girls to take risks and master physical, intellectual and emotional challenges.
In collaboration with the Program Director & Director of Operations, implement and facilitate Girls Inc. of Shelbyville & Shelby County programming through the supervision and coordination of programming staff and volunteers.
- Programs should be diverse in content areas, including math and science education, pregnancy and drug abuse prevention, leadership development, media literacy, economic literacy, adolescent health, violence prevention, and sports/health/wellness.
- Programs and activities will incorporate goals and initiatives connecting with various constituencies, including our broader community, the Girls Inc. network, and our local affiliate's needs.
- Track regular and special programs (i.e., field trips, snack).
- Serve as a positive role model for girls. Communicate appropriately and professionally in the spirit of Girls Inc.’s mission. Demonstrate respectful communication, healthy relationships and positive leadership at all times.
- Teach, encourage and inspire girls to be respectful to themselves and others.
- Expect the best from girls, and set high and clear expectations for behavior. Actively support and contribute to any group and individual incentive and behavior programs.
- Assist with volunteers.
- Provide guidance while identifying, compiling and creating tools, resources and tips for volunteers/staff to explore new and different approaches and resources to meet the needs of the girls and to keep programs flexible, educational and interesting.
- Collaboratively establish work plans and objectives, attend regular meetings.
Insure overall safety, cleanliness and functioning of Girls Inc.'s facilities, including support for some/all of the following:
- Daily cleaning to include program rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Restock and supply all areas as needed.
- Ensure working condition, safety, and integrity of Girls Inc.'s computers and technology.
GIRLS INC. PROFESSIONALISM
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance, develops own goals and objectives. Take advantage of training and other developmental and professional growth opportunities.
- Participate in all staff and team meetings to share ideas and concerns, and works collaboratively with staff to insure agency goals and objectives are met.
- Any and all duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and others as directed by the Director of Operations.
The Program Facilitator inspires girls to be strong, smart, and bold. The Program Facilitator ought be able to 1) work well with others in a diverse environment, 2) enjoy working with and around girls, 3) function independently with a basic computer literacy, 4) provide role modeling to develop strong, smart and bold girls, 7) complete successful completion of a criminal history check. Spanish/English bilingual is a plus.
Girls Inc. of Shelbyville & Shelby County is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time