Receiving Barn Laborer
Job Title: Receiving Barn Laborer
Reports To: Racing Stall Superintendent
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Receiving Barn Laborer is responsible for cleaning, organizing, and making minor repairs to the receiving barn by performing the following duties.
· All Custodial/Cleaning of each stall in the receiving barn as many times as needed daily.
· All Custodial /Cleaning of the floors in the receiving barn on a constant basis.
· Cleaning and sweeping of parking lots in and around the receiving barn.
- Cleaning and flushing of wash stall drains as needed.
- If assigned to work during live racing, ensure the safety of the horsemen by keeping the floors clean, and clear of waste at all times.
- Maintain, and manage the proper care of work equipment reporting loss or damage to the supervisor.
- If asked, assist the Stall Superintendent place horses shipping in to race in the correct assigned stall.
Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to obtain and maintain an Indiana Horse Racing License.
REQUIRED PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
Responsible for fostering a fun environment. Responsible for being gracious to all guests and co-workers. Maintains a professional work environment with management and staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Also required are frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing steps and sitting. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Must be able to work in a highly populated fast-paced and noisy environment. Must be able to work in outdoor environment subjected to possible; cold or hot temperatures, rain, wind, sun, etc…
You can apply on our website - https://www.caesars.com/horseshoe-indianapolis