Job Title: Community Health and Wellness Coordinator
General Responsibilities: This position provides programming, at all Shelby Senior Services sites, designed to maintain and improve cognitive and physical functioning safely and in a manner encouraging active participation.
Immediate opening for:
Shelby Senior Services, Inc.
- Schedules and implements physical and cognitive based programs designed for those aged 55+ to assist in maintaining independence and everyday functioning.
- Insures safety at all times during the implementation of these programs
- Actively promotes active and healthy aging via newsletter, social media, website and other known community avenues to insure maximum participation in these programs.
- Maintains records as required by grants, program evaluation guidelines, and as may be requested by supervisor
- Actively investigates new programming and stays current on certifications required for these programs
- Collaborates with other community and state aging organizations to maximize use of resources and program capacity.
- Meets requirements of Older Americans Act grant funding, title III-D, to insure maximum benefit for the participants and for the agency.
- Represents the agency to the community in professional and welcoming manner
- Maintains supplies as needed for programs
- Attends staff meetings and participates as a team member for agency programs and services.
SUBMIT RESUME TO Kim Koehl by 10/29/2021
BY EMAIL: Kkoehl@shelbyseniorservices.org
BY MAIL: Shelby Senior Services 2120 Intelliplex Dr., Suite 101, Shelbyville, IN 46176
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in recreation, health education, social services or equivalent experience. Must live an active lifestyle and be able to lead exercise programs to encourage and model for others. Must be able to use computer for scheduling, reporting, and record keeping and for newsletter development.
- Must maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Must demonstrate competencies required to maintain certifications of evidence based programming.