McDaniel Family Eye Care is seeking a full-time Optician. Our ideal candidate is energetic, personable, professional and organized. This position works closely with all age groups as well as optical labs and the doctors. Because the optical industry is constantly advancing Opticians must be comfortable with procedural changes and continuous learning. Experience is preferred, but on the job training is available for the right person!
- Assisting patients with frame selection, lens type and lens treatments
- Obtaining measurements for personalized frame and lens fit
- Interpreting prescriptions written by the optometrist and verify completed glasses for accuracy
- Dispensing, adjusting, and repairing glasses
- Verifying lens prescriptions with a lensometer
- Verifying insurance coverage and submitting claims using Eyefinity software
- Calculating charges and communicating out of pocket expenses to the patient
- Maintaining a welcoming atmosphere with all age groups while working efficiently
Office operating hours are Monday through Friday 6:00am to 5:00pm. No weekends. Opticians are expected to be available as long as patients are in the office. This will result in staying after hours occasionally. Due to the face to face nature of our profession we are currently wearing masks while working with the public.
Accepting electronic resumes at: email@example.com and in person during office hours.
McDaniel Family Eye Care 441 Amos Road
Shelbyville, IN 46176