Job Title: Track Maintenance Track Laborer
Department: Track Maintenance
Reports To: Track Superintendent & Assistant Track Superintendent
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Track Laborer is responsible for maintenance and repairs the racetrack surfaces . Adheres to all Indiana Grand Racing & Casino service and operating standards. Job duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Prepare Equipment for use and make proper equipment changes according to weather
· Prepare track and barn area for racing by watering, harrowing, and floating whenever necessary to ensure proper training and racing conditions
· Clean and check fluids on equipment daily
· Repair, move, and shovel racetrack rails
· Minor carpentry work
· Minor welding repairs
· Assist with loading unloading injured horses
· Assist with operations of the equipment/ machinery as needed
All other duties as assigned by management.
The following is a list of items required to perform the job duties of this position:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Indiana Horse Racing Commission license
- Ability to work under pressure in extreme temperatures (hot or cold)
- Must be a Team Player, while also being able to complete tasks independently
- Current valid driver’s license
- Experience with equipment such as
- Large trucks, tractors, bobcats, and front loaders
- Willing to complete overtime as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Also required are frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing steps and sitting. Must be able to open and close gates. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Must be able to work in a highly populated fast-paced and noisy environment. The Team Member is subject to outdoor weather and elements thereof.
I have read the above Job Description and understand the responsibilities and essential functions of the position.
You can apply on our website - https://www.caesars.com/horseshoe-indianapolis