Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment.
Up to a 5% quarterly bonus with a perfect attendance multiplier!
Your health and wellbeing are important to us. We provide benefits to help you build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength.
Our benefits include:
- Onsite clinic
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k – Knauf contributes 3% regardless of if you contribute
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Plus more!
Summary of Position:
As an electrician, you will maintain A/C and D/C motor control equipment along with installing conduit and wiring in a skilled and professional manner. Our electricians keep up to date on all ladder logic and instrumentation diagrams while maintaining and understanding process control loops. In addition, you will maintain and troubleshoot combustion equipment and installs PLC and computer-based control systems.
This position is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment and facilities.
- Assemble and install conduit, outlets, panels, junction boxes, etc.
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Assist in training and guidance of apprentices as directed
- Use computer skills and computer related equipment to diagnose problems with production equipment
- Determine if production equipment needs to be repaired or serviced; communicates needed machine repairs with management
- Serve as an active role in the requisitioning of parts/materials necessary for the continued operation of the plant
- Maintain, as a minimum, personal tools as per "Knauf minimum tool list" in good, safe condition and available for use at all times
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled and as needed
- Read and record comments in appropriate logbooks
- Perform other work-related duties and projects as directed
- Maintain a current lift truck operator's license
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Obtain and Maintain OSHA Certified Industrial Truck Operator License
- Minimum three (3) years' relatable experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in all aspects of troubleshooting and machine repair including but not limited to: welding cutting (all disciplines), mechanical drive trains, pumps, fluid power systems, material handling systems, compressed air systems, and combustion systems (mechanical elements)
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, rotary machinery, pumps, pipe fitting, welding and fabrication skills
- Knowledge of VFDs, A/C and D/C motor controls, and combustions systems
- Knowledge of NEC code book
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly