Electro-Mechanic, Plant 1
Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.
This position is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment and facilities.
- Use safe work practices and counsel other employees to do the same, as necessary, including understanding and complying with the lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Install, service, trouble shoot, and repair all electrical equipment in the plants
- Assemble and install conduit, outlets, panels, junction boxes, etc.
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Assist in training and guidance of apprentices as directed
- Communicate with management in order to prioritize work when more than one-issue needs addressed at a time
- Communicate maintenance issues with other shifts to ensure continuity of operation
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot PLC and computer based control systems
- Use computer skills and computer related equipment to diagnose problems with production equipment
- Determine if production equipment needs to be repaired or serviced; communicates needed machine repairs with management
- Serve as an active role in the requisitioning of parts/materials necessary for the continued operation of the plant
- Maintain work area in clean, orderly and safe condition
- Trained to operate all equipment necessary to perform all functions of the job
- Maintain, as a minimum, personal tools as per "Knauf minimum tool list" in good, safe condition and available for use at all times
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled and as needed
- Read and record comments in appropriate logbooks
- Ensure that housekeeping in the Maintenance Department is maintained to a safe level and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times
- Perform other work-related duties and projects as directed
- Maintain a current lift truck 013erator's license
- Attend training seminars as directed and participate in periodic evaluation to set training requirements