Journeyman Electrician, Plant 1
Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.
- Uses safe work practices and counsels other employees to do the same, as necessary. This includes understanding and complying with the lock‑out/tag‑out procedures.
- Installs, services, trouble shoots, and repairs all electrical equipment in the plants.
- Assembles and installs conduit, outlets, panels, junction boxes, etc.
- Reads blueprints and specifications.
- Prioritizes work when more than one-issue needs addressed at a time.
- Communicates maintenance issues with other shifts to ensure continuity of operation.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots PLC and computer based control systems. Uses computer skills and computer related equipment to diagnose problems with production equipment.
- Determines if production equipment needs to be repaired or serviced; coordinates machine downtime and repairs with production management.
- Takes an active role in the requisitioning of parts/materials necessary for the continued operation of the plant.
- Maintains work area in clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Will be required to be trained and operate all equipment necessary to perform all functions of the job.
- Maintains as a minimum, personal tools as per “Knauf minimum tool list” in good, safe condition and available for use at all times.
- Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled and as needed.
- Documents activities and related information into CMMS and/or log books as required.
- Ensures that housekeeping is maintained to a safe level and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the shift.
- Assists in training and guidance of apprentices as directed.
- Maintains a current lift truck operator’s license.
- Attends training seminars as directed and participates in periodic evaluation to set training requirements.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Applies general knowledge of proper and safe use of shop equipment and tools.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of VFDs, A/C and D/C motor controls, and combustion systems.
- Applies troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret written information.
- Accurately counts and performs basic math functions, including mental calculation of simple equations and/or fractions.
- Familiar with the NEC code book.
- Maintains basic computer skills and knowledge as required.
Click here for more information and to apply.