MBCI-NCI Building Systems - Loader 1
Standard Position Description
Job Title: Loader I
Reports to: Team Leader Shipping Salary Exempt: No
Approved By: Plant Manager, IND facility Date Approved: 5/3/18
This is a CONTROLLED Document. The official version of this document is contained on the network server. Any documents appearing in printed form are considered uncontrolled copies. All uncontrolled copies should be compared to the version located on the server, prior to use.
The Loader I position must be able to stage/check/shuttle driver/Material Handler and all essential functions of Loader I. Must be capable of loading trucks. Places parts on trailer in a safe hauling manner in accordance to manufacturing procedures to insure product does not get damaged during shipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment.
- Package, crate or load items to insure safe arrival and capacity loading.
- Packages parts using all types of crating and packaging materials, metal bands, covering, or other methods to secure and protect parts in shipment and for weighing trucks of items as required.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other lifting equipment.
- Responsible for each lift and decides when to check actual vs. maximum allowable trailer load. Must constantly check each load being made to assure that the job is complete. Must expedite completion of work in process to meet production schedules.
- Unload and check items against freight bills, packing lists, or shipping notices and make notations of damages, shortages and other irregularities and notify Team Leader.
- Assist with inventory counts as required.
- Maintains continuous improvement practices in work area.
- May be assigned other projects and duties as designated by Team Leader.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or recognized equivalent.
Some knowledge of Shipping and/or Loading material in a manufacturing setting.
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required to use power hand tools
Required to drive a forklift
Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
Ability to work with a diversified work force
Ability to read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micometer).
Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/or criminal background check.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas, (hard hat, gloves, welding jacket or weld bibs, safety glasses, welding hood and earplugs.)
Before initiating work at NCI Buildings Group, the employee is required to read and understand the position’s Job Safety Analysis. The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with NCI Buildings Group safety training, NCI Employee Manual and OSHA regulations.
Note: The statements included in this job description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.