Production Supervisor - Plant 1
Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment.
This role is responsible for controlling all operations within department on assigned shift. Focuses primarily on safely producing high quality products in line with established production standards.
This position is nights only 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. with a fixed schedule.
· Provide ongoing training and development for employees on crew including safety of crew during shifts; direct efforts of all Production and QA employees per shift; document and communicate performance feedback to employees – both positive and constructive.
· Consistently and fairly administer CBA, procedures, policies and work instruction
· Verify all raw materials, labeling, equipment set up, tools, production orders, warehouse availability and labor are ready for the current and upcoming runs
· Monitor and follow environmental monitoring and reporting procedure within designated response times
· Manage all issues that arise with Facility Emergency Contingency Plan
· Work with crew and other departments to continuously improve processes, products and safety; reduce costs through innovation based on historical product data
· Troubleshoot high-level issues with Key Operators, Maintenance personnel or Management
· Communicate daily with crew regarding safety, current issues, corrective actions, future plans and past performance (KPI’s) through the high performance team (HPT) boards and meetings
· Review production schedule and make sure proper people are assigned to appropriate job tasks; address adjustments to schedule; communicate adjustments to others as needed; monitor operating performances of equipment – contact maintenance for needed repairs, adjustments or troubleshooting
· Prepare all necessary paperwork and record keeping for shift; communicate with the off-going shift before starting a new shift and with the on-coming shift at the end of shift
· Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of production experience in an industrial manufacturing facility
· Minimum three (3) years of supervisory/leadership experience in a similar environment
· Union experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of production principles involved in project planning, resource allocation and leadership techniques
· Knowledge of process improvement methodologies/practices
· Ability to communicate effectively throughout the plant and across the organization
· Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· Ability to adhere to all safety standards while remaining focused on quality and service
· Ability to work in a hands-on industrial environment