Sheet Metal Mech, Assoc Press Helper Operator
Sheet Metal Mech, Assoc Press Helper Operator - 2nd shift $21/hr plus shift stipend
Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal parts, equipment, and products. Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, work orders or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products. Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts or uses templates. Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, stretch presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials. Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form. Inspects assemblies and installations for conformance to specifications. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures and certify/test product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You can apply at Careers - Radius Aerospace, Inc.
- Know, understand, and follow department policies and procedures.
- Assists operator with die change outs, material placement on dies, and stretching parts.
- Operator will be responsible for stretching parts using customer furnished tooling.
- Operator must be able to stand for 10 hours a day and be able to work in a hot and cold environment.
- Report to work on time, follow instructions from supervisor or management, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Other various duties as needed or as assigned.