Shelby Senior Services, Inc.
Activity Coordinator (Waldron)
Reporting to the Executive Director, this part-time (6-8hr/week on Tuesdays) position will plan and schedule an array of services, events, and activities that encourage and challenge seniors to learn, play, discover, socialize, volunteer, support each other and remain active in the Center and in the community.
- Provide a welcoming, all inclusive example for participants, maintain a welcoming environment for all guests and visitors
- Plan, schedule, and implement ongoing activities at the Center
- Plan, organize, and escort (as required) day trips or Coordinators of satellite sites can coordinate trips with other sites
- Recruit and supervise volunteers for the Center
- Submit articles and schedule for The Horizons to meet editors timeline
- Assess interest in/need for new programs and activities
- Monitor participation in Center programs
- Attend staff meetings
- Provide lunch meal (either by cooking it or having it donated)
- Participate in Center fundraising endeavors as required
- Represent the Center to the community as needed
- Maintain supplies needed for programs
- Maintain neatness and assure sanitary and safe conditions in the Center and its furnishing at all times
- Understand the problems of seniors.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions and produce documents in the English language.
- Experience with the supervision of group activities, preferably involving senior citizens.
- Ability to relate and work effectively with seniors and others who may interact with the senior center; can make all visitors comfortable and feel at ease with their experience at the center.
- Experience answering phone, basic bookkeeping practices, and working knowledge of computer applications.
- First Aid and CPR certification certified or willing to become certified immediately.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED and 1 year experience in the human service field, preferable with the elderly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is required to sit, talk, and hear. Must be able to physically provide 1st Aid and CPR and assist with emergency situations. Must be able to demonstrate common sense decision making, learn through oral instruction and observation. Must be able to comprehend and make inferences from written material.
Please send resume to email@example.com
or deliver to Shelby Senior Services, 1504 S Harrison St, Shelbyville, IN 46176