Click here to apply
Available Shifts: 2nd (2:45 P ~ 11:15 P)
: 3rd (11:00 P ~ 7:15 A)
Pay: Up to $18.50 / hr. start up with aggressive progression plan to reach $ 20.85 / hr.
Other benefits: Weekly Pay, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K match
*COVID 19 Vaccination preferred ; not required
Nicotine free environment
Operator provides general support to the production department by cleaning, assembling and operating plastics extrusion machines with all upstream and downstream equipment’s like feeders, bins, mixers, pelletizer, classifier, airlock, silos in accordance with company procedures. The Plastics extrusion operator also supports the department through weighing, handling, bagging, packing out, moving and staging of raw materials and finished product. The individual also provides samples for quality control tests, assists in training employees, and maintains various documents electronic and paper copies which are critical to the effective operation of plant processes, as well as executing diverse departmental functions.
- Clean, Setup and Operate production machinery for plastics processing (Extruders, mixers, tumblers, Feeders, Cutters, Classifiers etc.) according to procedural steps; ensure proper set up and function of equipment which may include duties such as loading/unloading materials into/from machinery, controlling computer controlled machine panels, performing simple maintenance tasks , maintaining work area cleanliness, and making sure customer's specifications are attained while constantly aware of one's safety and the safety of those around him/her.
- Weigh and document pigment, additive, and raw materials according to instruction; ensure prompt gathering and returning materials to appropriate destinations.
- Transport raw materials, finished products, and other substances to assigned destinations in warehouse and production vicinity; ensure effective communication with warehouse, production, and quality control areas.
- Provide Quality Control Lab with samples from current production lines; ensure effective communication with Supervisor, Shift Lead, Area Lead, and Quality Control Technicians.
- Pack raw materials and finished products; properly perform package preparation procedures and transport to appropriate destination if necessary.
- Prepare and maintain differing reports, records, and logs accurately on paper and on electronic gadgets; ensure proper distribution to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain inventory for pigment and additive materials; ensure precise computation and effective communication with Materials Controller.
- Assist in training new employees; ensure effective communication with trainee.
- Measure departmental performance according to company standards on a regular basis in order to be proactive; ensure accurate documentation and effective administration.
- Know and understand company mission and values and implement in daily decisions and interaction.
- Support and cooperate in team environment and activities; participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Follow established department and company procedures and policies.
- Personnel responsible for conformity to product requirements shall have the authority to stop production to correct quality problems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- In addition, at least three (3) months of job-related experience with mathematical skills is preferred to perform at this level.
- The individual must possess communication (oral/written) skills, basic computer skills, math skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and cooperation/teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of basic office machines (iPad, calculator, telephone, etc.), production operations, and metrics is important, as well as the ability to operate a forklift.
- He/she is accountable for continued learning, through on-the job training, manuals, and outside training (as set forth by the supervisor) and performing all routine procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs) of equipment and processes in the areas assigned.
- The individual must be physically fit enough to pack out and load 55 lb. bags for extended periods of time as well as ascend/descend multiple flights of stairs over the course of eight (8) hours in order to operate equipment or load raw materials into the various holding bins
- Toray is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Toray is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Toray is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on any protected status, workplace harassment/bullying and retaliation for filing a complaint or providing information related to a complaint. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and medical related conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.