Public Relations Team Head
JOB OPENING: PUBLIC RELATIONS TEAM HEAD
Mission Statement: The Shelby County Public Library is a community resource committed to promoting life-long learning and facilitating discovery.
The role of the Public Relations Team Head is to oversee all media and print materials for the promotion of the library.
- The Public Relations Team Head will report to the Library Director.
· Follows the mission of the Library
· Develop a Publicity Plan
· To oversee the media and print materials such as: newsletters, flyers, Social Media and etc.
· To help with Special events just as flyers, tickets, decorations, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graphic Design or Public Relations experience
- 2 years of management supervision preferably in the Public Relations
- Computer skills
- Compassion/understanding of coworkers and patrons
- Customer services and communication skills
About the Library:
- The Library is a county wide library which serves a population of approximately 44,000 people
- The Library is a Class A library
- There is a branch location in Morristown, IN, where there is a population of roughly 1300 people.
- The County is made up the City of Shelbyville, surrounding smaller towns, and rural areas.
- The Staff is currently made up of approximately 35 employees.
- The Library offers many programs for Adults, Teens, and Children from Storytimes, Book Discussions, and How-to programs. We also offer programs for entertainment.
- Our services include faxing, copying, scanning, Genealogy searches, Outreach/Homebound Deliveries, rental of rooms, etc.
- Based on Education and Experience $13.21-$15.23
- Medical benefits with vision - 70 % paid
- Retirement benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid holidays, sick leave and personal leave