Family Caregiver Support Coordinator/Social Worker
Shelby Senior Services, Inc. Position Description
Job Title: Family Caregiver Support Coordinator/Social Worker
General Description: The mission of Shelby Senior Services, Inc. is to respond to the ever-changing needs of seniors and their families, to affect in positive ways their quality of life and to assist in maintaining their independence. By providing a comprehensive array of services that serve all of Shelby County we encourage nourishment of the mind, the body, the heart, and the spirit. The functions of the Social Worker intersect on all these spheres of the lives of the county’s seniors and their loved ones.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this professional position requires the coordination of local, state and federal programs to improve the quality of life for the Shelby County residents aged 60+ and help alleviate some of the negative and stressful aspects of caregiving.
- Assess older adults, caregivers, and community systems as they pertain to the ever-changing needs of seniors and caregivers. These assessments may be performed at the office, in the residence of the senior or in a facility.
- Information and assistance referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Support groups, service planning, long and short-term planning assistance, crisis intervention services, related family therapy, individual therapy and group therapies for caregivers.
- Collaboration and coordination of care providers in and around the community in order to best meet the individual’s needs.
- Community outreach groups, community education, membership in community organizations that further collaborate a network of resources to positively impact seniors and their caregivers
- Maintain and document grant specific records, including the development and preparation of grant proposals, and preparation of policies and procedures specific to the Caregiver Support program and Dementia Friends
- Maintain confidentiality and the individuals’ rights to self- determination.
- Social Work degree from an accredited program; MSW preferred
- Hold or be eligible for obtaining a valid Indiana Social Work license
- Experience with a geriatric population is preferred
- Must enjoy interactions with older people; respect their value and dignity in making decisions
- Must be emotionally mature, objective, and sensitive to the needs of others
- Must be computer literate and able to maintain necessary records and communicate electronically in order to perform job functions
Send resume to email@example.com or complete an application at Shelby Senior Services, 1504 S Harrison St, Shelbyville, IN 46176.