Program Instructor/Shelby Co Probation
*If you are interested in this position, please email a letter of interest to Terri Bodine and/or Melissa Gharst.Program Instructor
*Contractual Grant Funded position with Shelby County Probation Office
*Contractual pay - $20.00 per hour
* 25-30 hours per week – approximately
Administer/Facilitate intervention program ‘Moral Recognation Therapy (MRT)’ and ‘Thinking for Good’ in a group setting to individuals involved in the criminal justice system.
- Correspond and work collaboratively with probation and community corrections staff regarding client progress
- Document progress and maintain weekly contact with referral sources.
- May be required to facilitate other programming.
SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS, AND KNOWLEDGE- REQUIRED
- Maintain data on client attendance and progress
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to work within HIPAA regulation and understand the concept/importance of confidentiality and protecting the clients
- HS diploma or GED
Administer MRT and Thinking for Good Program to Adults involved in the Criminal Justice System on a weekly basis. Maintain regular contact with referral sources on a weekly basis related to client progress and attendance.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent maintains frequent contact with referring entities (Shelby County Probation and Shelby County Community Corrections) involved in the criminal justice system in Shelby County.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Willingness to participate in training on how to facilitate the program.
Prefer prior group facilitation experience.