Click here to apply
POSITION OPEN: 3rd Shift Maintenance Tech NO. POSITIONS OPEN: 1
REPORTS TO: Facility/Maintenance Manager HOURS: 3nd Shift.
BEGIN POSTING DATE: 5/26/2022 END POSTING DATE: 7/31/2022
The Maintenance Tech provides technical support to the department by utilizing trade skills and/or process knowledge. The Maintenance Tech may or may not have a trade specific skill or specialty. Trade skills can include but are not limited to welding, fabricating, electrical, machine control, instrumentation, or HVAC. In some cases, the Maintenance Tech may be a trades trainee or apprentice.
In general, the Maintenance Tech works with minimal supervision, meaning that duty assignments are performed according to his or her own judgment and training, requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary; thus, reviewed upon adherence to established departmental objectives. Total end results determine effectiveness of job performance. The individual observes and documents unusual occurrences in plant wide operations and takes appropriate action when necessary. Planning, continually maintaining, and improving plant wide operations, and focusing on production needs are essential obligations of this position. The individual provides maintenance department support to all processes and facility assts. He/she is empowered to make decisions involving maintenance issues as needed. The scope of responsibilities encompasses all maintenance of plant wide equipment and operations. The individual also must be able to distinguish color, maintain total confidentiality, and develop exceptional fellow employee relations. He/she is committed to promoting, supporting, and following company established safety policies and procedures, as well as properly maintaining the housekeeping of entire work area(s).
The position requires one to be experienced enough with maintenance operations to make reasonable judgments, organize time efficiently, and effectively communicate with own unit, other departments, plants, offices, government agencies, companies, and the general public. Work also involves one to illustrate attention to detail, comprehend (written/oral) information, document all performed work exactly, and compute numbers and formulas accurately. The manufacturing environment demands a certain degree of mobility in order to properly maintain operations on all four floors in a rapid pace setting, and effectively operate high technology machinery and equipment. The position may require one to climb on or around equipment, operate a forklift and manlift. Working conditions may also require availability twenty-four (24) hours a day and sometimes work overtime.
- Provide maintenance support promptly for the entire facility such as troubleshooting problem areas, maintaining parts/tools inventory, utilizing preventive maintenance techniques, and repairing all production machines and equipment; ensure accurate documentation of all work performed.
- Recruit, hire, schedule, supervise, and evaluate all outside maintenance contractors (forklift, grounds, electrical, and mechanical services) in a timely fashion; ensure effective communication with employees and outside contractors.
- Prepare and maintain numerous differing reports, schedules, charts, files, and logs effectively.
- Promote plant safety and company policies and procedures of equipment and tools by observing and correcting process and equipment operations.
- Furnish process support for all equipment; ensure effective coaching on equipment to appropriate employees if necessary.
- Support Maintenance Work Request Program.
- Support all preventative maintenance and calibration programs.
- Support new and improved methods for equipment and facility repairs; assure continuing modification of implemented methods.
- Know and understand company mission and values and implement in daily decisions and interaction.
- Promote and enhance team environment and activities by encouraging employees to support and cooperate; participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow established department and company procedures and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be assigned hazardous waste management duties.
Consider this job description the foundation of your responsibilities - not the boundaries.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for trainees' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve trade skills.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Personnel Service - Manages difficult or emotional personnel situations; Responds promptly to personnel needs; Solicits personnel feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrated judgement for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Understands the organization's strengths & weaknesses. Analyzes market and competitive landscapes. Identifies external threats and opportunities and adapts the strategy to changing conditions.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; Demonstrates good and smart presentation skills. Actively participates and exhibits support in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- A two (2) year technical degree (or equivalent) in electrical, mechanical, industrial maintenance, or an applicable area of study is desired. Consideration for trainee level can be considered.
- In addition, three (3) to five (5) years of job-related experience is needed to perform at this level.
- The individual must possess communication (oral/written) skills, problem-solving skills, computer skills, math skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and cooperation/teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of production equipment and operations, general maintenance, electric and mechanics, and basic office machines (computer, printer, photocopy machine, calculator, etc.) is extremely important.
- He/she is accountable for continued learning, through on-the-job training, manuals, and outside training (as set forth by the supervisor) and performing all routine procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs) of equipment and processes in the areas assigned.
- The individual also needs to ensure work-in-processes are according to SOPs.
- If assigned with Hazardous Waste Management duties will receive annual Hazardous Waste training.