Shelby Senior Services, Inc.
DRIVER – SHELBYGO
General Description of Position
The driver performs a variety of duties including picking up and dropping off passengers at scheduled locations, assisting passengers into and out of vehicles, safely securing passengers in vehicles, driving defensively, and communicating information to the dispatcher. The primary goal of the dispatcher is to pick up all passengers at their scheduled pick up time, and safely deliver them to their destination.
Essential Job Functions
The essential functions of the driver include, but are not limited to, the functions outlined below. Management retains the discretion to add to and/or change the duties of the position at any time. Must drive in a conscientious and courteous manner and obey all state and local laws on the roads. Must maintain a good driving record and appropriate license and endorsements.
1. Perform a daily walk around inspection on assigned vehicle, before leaving the parking lot.
2. Accurately complete assigned paperwork.
3. Pick up passenger at scheduled pick-up time.
4. Assist passenger in boarding and deboarding the vehicle.
5. Safely secure passenger and mobility aids in vehicle, before putting vehicle in motion.
6. Assist passenger with packages.
7. Drive defensively at all times.
8. Immediately notify dispatcher of passenger problems; passengers not ready, passenger no show, etc.
9. Immediately notify dispatcher of vehicle breakdown or accident.
10. Notify dispatcher of passenger information change.
11. Possess a functional knowledge of the demographics of the service area.
12. Vehicles should be kept clean inside at all times.
13. Observe all company policies and procedures.
14. Attend safety seminars and training, including CPR and First Aid when required.
Must have appropriate driver’s license, with a good driving record. Must relate well with seniors and the general public, must be polite and represent ShelbyGo in a positive manner.
Requirements of this job:
1. Must pass DOT physical required to obtain Public Passenger Chauffeur’s License.
2. Ability to stoop when securing passenger and mobility aids in the vehicle.
3. Reach forward, rearward, upward, and downward when operating vehicle and communication equipment.
4. Must be CPR and First Aid Certified.
NOTE: Drivers are subject to Criminal History Checks and Mandatory and Random Drug Testing.
Please send resume to Easter Beyer at email@example.com or please fill out application at Shelby Senior Services 1504 S Harrison St., Shelbyville, IN 46176