Blue River Community Foundation (BRCF) has been closely following the impact of the coronavirus on our community as this crisis continues.
Beginning November 20th, BRCF offices will be closed. However, all staff will be available through their emails and voicemails. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. Contact information is on our website.
Grants to nonprofits that have been measurably affected by loss of revenue or increased demand for services are planned to be offered. Details will be announced as opportunities are available.
- Community Collaboration - Additional COVID-19 relief is now available for Shelby County nonprofit organizations. A partnership between Lilly Endowment Inc. and United Way makes grants available to those groups affected by the recent pandemic. Local human and social services are eligible along with those that support rent, utilities, and childcare. Grants are aimed to provide immediate relief to meet basic and essential needs. Grant applications will be received and reviewed by staff at SCUFFY and BRCF. Along with both organizations, a coalition of leaders from multiple, local organizations will determine funding distributions.
End of Year Giving
Donors wishing to make donations during the holidays may select from these options:
1. completing our online donation form
2. mailing checks to 54 W. Broadway, Suite 1, Shelbyville, IN 46176
Financial Stability & the Markets
BRCF has received regular communications from our investment managers. The portfolio is highly diversified, and we have been reassured that the best course of action is patience and steadiness.
We are not anticipating a change in the winter scholarship cycle at this time. The deadline to apply is January
. For more information about this opportunity, please review the BRCF Scholarship Resource Guide or contact Julie Alvis.
- For individuals suddenly faced without income and need emergency relief, contact Human Services or Township Trustee offices.
- The food pantry schedule is here. The pantries are receiving additional support for the increased demand.
Please continue to monitor the announcement bar
on our homepage for updates.
Blue River Community Foundation