2021 Our Hospice Summer Concert Fundraising nets
new record of $168,000
The 35th Annual Our Hospice Concert fundraising activities netted over $168,000. “We were disappointed that we were unable to host the concert again this year, but continue to be overwhelmed at the support we received and are very grateful for this outstanding response,” said Laura Leonard, President of Our Hospice of South Central Indiana.
We are grateful to Faurecia and Columbus Regional Health for sponsoring the concert and contributing much-needed funds for the care of the patients and families served by Our Hospice of South Central Indiana. “In a very difficult year for healthcare, when our staff is exhausted, the ongoing support we receive from our community provide us not only much-needed resources, but encouragement to our staff who have been battling the pandemic for many long months,” said Laura Leonard, Our Hospice of South Central Indiana President.
“Funds raised from the Summer Concert activities will go directly to the care of patients and families; those cared for by Our Hospice, which we have provided since 1980, and also those cared for by our Palliative Care team, a new program started in 2019 which is only reimbursed at a rate of 17 cents on the dollar. Our friends and supporters definitely responded positively, and we couldn’t be more grateful,” said Julie Davis, Events Coordinator for Our Hospice.
A record 5,082 raffle tickets were sold and as a total in funds Our Hospice netted over $168,000 exceeding the goal of $125,000. “We are humbled by the tremendous support our communities demonstrated,” said Davis. “Once again, we had to do many of our traditional fundraising activities differently and our staff worked very hard to reach individuals in our communities.”
Congratulations to the 2021 Raffle winners!
$10,000 – Chelsea Berkery of Bargersville
$500 - Lara Hack of Columbus
$250 – Rick Patberg of Columbus
$150 – Daniel Burklow of Rushville
$100 – Kathy Lentz of Columbus
The funds raised will assist us in caring for our patients and families as we fulfill our mission To Make Every Moment Count. In addition to providing additional support for our patients and providing charitable care for patients who are uninsured or under-insured, our greatest needs for funds are to support three very important services:
- The American Legion Fish Fry raised a record $8,605 and fried 800 pounds of fish. The fish fry was sponsored by The American Legion Post #24 and Silgas.
- The cookies sale raised $2,044 and we sold out of 322 dozen cookies baked by our staff and volunteers
- We are grateful to The Tony London Company for their design of the 2021 Concert T-shirts
Thank you to Columbus and our surrounding communities for their many years of support of Our Hospice of South Central Indiana. We are looking forward to celebrating with the community again next summer; hopefully, in person!
Prior Year’s Results
- The Hospice Center, which serves patient and families needing a high level of care during an acute episode, for caregiver respite, and for families who need time to determine care-giving arrangements. The Hospice Center is an additional benefit to our community, and it is not self-sustaining.
- Bereavement Services, a free 13- month grief support service for anyone who has experienced the loss of a loved-one. Bereavement services are not reimbursed.
- Palliative Care, a minimally reimbursed specialty for the ongoing care of patients enduring a chronic or acute condition, while undergoing curative care. Palliative Care is reimbursed at a rate of about 17% of our cost.
||Raffle Tickets Sold
||Yacht Rock Revue (cancelled)
||5,082 *new record
||Yacht Rock Revue - Virtual
||$ 169,000 *record
||$124,000 *ties record
||Blue Oyster Cult
Raffle Winner (L-R)
Tabitha Saltzman, Our Hospice, winners, Mike and Chelsea Berkery (holding check), Laura Leonard, Our Hospice President (holding check), Julie Davis, Our Hospice Event Coordinator