Mainstreet Shelbyville: Shelby County Farmers MarketDid you know the Shelby County Farmers Market accepts EBT / SNAP, FMNP, credit, debit, and cash.Market Bucks from Major Health Partners are incentives for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients to shop the market. For each dollar in tokens you receive from swiping your EBT card, you increase your buying power by receiving an additional dollar in Market Bucks! We want to help make fresh, local foods more accessible to everyone.How to get Market Bucks:
- Stop by the market info booth on Saturdays and swipe your EBT card for the amount of your choosing.
- Receive tokens in $1.00 increments for the amount you requested
- Receive Market Bucks equal to the amount you got in tokens – DOUBLING your market dollars! (We match up to $20 per market visit)
- Shop at participating vendors and enjoy the freshest local produce around!
Notes for users:
- Tokens do not expire. If you do not spend your market money, you can use it next week, next month, or even next season
Contact us with any questions at email@example.com
- SNAP customers may not receive change from vendors when using tokens.
- SNAP tokens may only be used to purchase food items that fit the requirements of the SNAP program (i.e. fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, vegetable plant starts, etc.)
- Cards will be accepted at Saturday morning markets ONLY.
- Participating vendors will post a sign in their booths stating that they accept market tokens.
- A list of participating vendors is also available at the Market Information booth.
- Purdue Extension has a diagnostic lab for vendors to submit photos of disease or pest ridden plants to find solutions for FREE! If further testing is requested, samples of your plant can submitted and sent in to Purdue's research lab for $11 + shipping
- Applications and fees ($100/season or $10/day) need to be submitted before you can attend the market. If you have questions about permits/registration for selling produce, contact Sandra Hall at the Shelby County Health Department for specific guidance and forms.
- All vendors with food products are eligible to accept SNAP/EBT benefits due to our market's umbrella approved application. MHP will be matching up to $20 with Market Bucks again this year!
Apply full season: https://forms.gle/HWPj5mQr4RCJCP9Y6Apply for daily pop-ups: https://forms.gle/wntyP7h9Xvo5d9cg8Mainstreet Shelbyville: Shelby County...
- *NEW* Shelby Sprouts program has been created to encourage families to come downtown and participate in our family programing and farmers market experience. For every program they participate in, each child will receive a "Sprout Buck" which can be used towards food items at the farmers market. Mainstreet will reimburse farmers the same method as SNAP and Market Buck reimbursement.
Date and Time
Saturday May 27, 2023
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
West Washington Street
Shelbyville, IN 46176